trenchard

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Toff Preston is no Ordinary Boy...

Being a toff is taboo in the world of pop. So pity poor Preston, frontman of the Indie band The Ordinary Boys and Celebrity Big Brother contestant, who was recently outed as being of aristocratic lineage as a direct descendant of the 19th century Prime Minister, the 2nd Earl Grey. But the mockney-accented crooner is, I can reveal, even more blue-blooded than that. Preston is a kinsman of royalty. The 24 yr-old singer is related to Prince William and Prince Harry. The Earls Spencer are descended from Earl Grey's daughter Lady Elizabeth...

Here's the Preston/Prince William connection....

2nd Earl Grey
Prime Minister
I
Admiral Hon. George Grey = Jane Stuart
I
Frederick Bryan Grey = Mary Greenstock
I
Ursula Sybil Grey = Alec Murray Preston
I
Anthony Grey Murray Preston = Miranda Hynes
I
Samuel Preston, aka "Preston" of the Ordinary Boys
b. 16 Jan 1982

and...

2nd Earl Grey
Prime Minister
I
Lady Elizabeth Grey = John Bulteel
I
Louisa Emily Charlotte Bulteel =Lord Revelstoke
I
Hon Margaret Baring = 6th Earl Spencer
I
7th Earl Spencer =Lady Cynthia Hamilton
I
8th Earl Spencer = Frances Roche
I
Lady Diana Spencer = Prince of Wales
I
Prince William
b. 21 June 1982


*****

No comments: